Friday, August 7, 2009

Humble beginnings...

So begins a blog dedicated to celebrating the many and diverse charter schools of North Carolina. During my tenure as NC Charter School teacher of the year, my goal is to use this blog to promote and encourage the best practices of charter teachers and schools. I want to hear from all of our charter schools. What are you doing in the classroom that is working well? What are your struggles? Why does your school MATTER!

Before DPI cut travel funds, I had a grand idea to visit all of the NC charter schools this year. Financially now that seems impossible. Still, I'd love to visit, listen and share with you at your schools if I can make it. I invite anyone to come and visit the school where I teach 6th grade, ArtSpace Charter School in the community of Swannanoa, just east of Asheville. We have strong leadership, which includes our director, Lori Cozzi, and assistant director, Cande Honeycutt. (They don't know about this blog yet.)

So let me hear from you!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment